Smartplay Group Privacy Notice
With millions of people switching their TV, broadband, mobile, energy and insurance suppliers every year, Smart is changing the way the people enjoy these everyday services. We stand out from the crowd for our digital mindset and the way we empower customers to stay on top of their lives.
Smartplay Group is set to become UK’s leading multi-play challenger offering truly differentiated convergent services to consumers and the convenience of getting quality and value from a trusted brand.
We want to give you clear information about what information we collect and how we use it. This privacy notice applies to the use of personal information and other information by Smartplay Group Limited and its group companies.
Any member of the Smartplay Group may use and share, within that group and with its advisors, the information you provide and other information it holds about you for the purposes set out below.
Types of information we may hold about you and where it comes from
Information you’ve provided to us, including on our websites or when you access our services through applications on websites operated by other organisations.
Information about our content, products and services you’ve ordered or enquired about.
Information provided by other companies who’ve obtained your permission to share information about you.
How we may use your information
We need your information so that we can provide you with content, products, services, tailored and personalised recommendations and general account management. In addition to using your information for such purposes, we may also use your information in the following ways:
- To monitor, improve and protect our content, products and services, work with our agents and business partners to improve the products and services we offer, and develop new content, products and services.
- For market research.
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party; in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for the purpose of safeguarding someone’s vital interests, national security, responding to statutory obligations or requests from the courts and enforcement authorities.
- We may disclose your information to any successors of our business for them to use for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
Unless you’ve asked us not to:
- To send you periodic newsletters and other information about content, products and services you have chosen or are entitled to receive.
- To send you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone, SMS or email, about us and our business partners’ content, products and services, events and special offers, including, where applicable, for a reasonable time after you have ceased to be a customer of ours.
- To provide you with more relevant tailored marketing advertising.. We retain your information in accordance with our group data retention and deletion policies. These set out the criteria we use to determine how long we keep information, what measures we put in place to keep your information safe and secure, and with whom we may share your information. When deciding what to retain, we take into account what information we need to best provide you with products, goods and services, manage your relationship with us and meet our statutory obligations.